Translate

Thursday, July 2, 2020

Lisa Schweikert, Student Work, Ceramic I, 25 Object Collection

A successful body of work. However, photos are not quality and do not show the quality. 









For these pieces, I decided to continue to use the coil and slab methods but in a different way. The coils were used to create organs and veins that became almost like a drawing a could be connected. The slabs were thinner and draped over into themselves to become their own entity. 

The collection represents the inner workings of the body such as DNA and chromosomes. I glazed some of the pieces a striking red while other pieces are glazed metallic black. 

Throughout the entire project, whenever I worked on it or created I was constantly thinking about my own body and the bodies of all other humans and trying to make sense of why I feel so strongly against my own body. Through working on this project I reminded myself, “this is who you are, this is what makes up your body, nothing else” and was able to find peace about my own body. 

No comments:

Post a Comment