Translate

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Ashley DeLoach, Student Work, Sculpture I






“Exploding Limitations”
Wood and Yarn
approx. 5.5' x 3.5' x 3.5'
I realized it wasn’t about keeping the order and rhythm of the rest of the piece but about breaking away from the confinement of structure that holds us back. This side was like the side of me that was trying to breaking away from the order and restraint. Though I felt many raw and real emotions through this time I feel like the piece has become something chaotically ordered and beautifully messy. The yarn cascading down the front creates a dramatic contrast from the tight crossing lines of the other sides. This piece is a reflection of myself; again my subconscious was revealing mysteries that my heart knew all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment