Translate

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Ashley DeLoach, Student Work, Sculpture I









 “Pompeii”
4' x 25" x 25"
Wood, air dry clay, paint.
All my life I have collected items such as antique keys, cork bottles, coins and bottle caps.The idea of excessive multiples excites me. Formally there are ideas about repetition and space. Emotionally there are feelings of exploring and investigating the objects. For this piece I sculpted miniature forms from clay inspired by the pottery I saw when touring the ruins of Pompeii. I responded to the visual subtlety of the table structure with the miniature forms. The black united these forms so that the miniatures became part of the table and vice versa. There is also the idea about a game or a precious collection that is conveyed.

Small, clay forms in progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment